Dual Language Books
At Heathfield Infant School we have a huge variety of dual language books in our library.
You can borrow a book each week on a Monday morning and keep for a week to read with your children.
Reading together every day helps children:
- Hear, learn and say new words
- Learn about your family's culture
- Gain confidence in a second language
Tips for sharing books in your home language::
- Use the pictures - talk about what is happening in them and the story
- Encourage your child by making lots of eye contact and smiles
- Make time each day to cuddle up with your child and share stories
- Have a quiet, quality time together - switch off your TV, radio, or mobile phone
- Your child may use English, but you can reply or repeat in your home language